Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Being A Sheep

In Matthew 10:16, Jesus says to me, "Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, therefore be wise as serpents and innocent as doves." Jesus is making me a sheep on purpose. He could make me a lion - strong, fearless, and independent. But instead, He makes me a weak, fallible, and very dependent sheep. He calls me to follow Him - my trustworthy Shepherd - in simplicity. He calls me to be wise about His love and care for me, to trust in His protection. He also calls me to be aware that this will be a scary ride and that life will inevitably vomit all over the lovely, fluffy fur with which He has covered me. "Be aware," says my good Shepherd, "but don't worry. The vomit is gross but I'll wash your fur for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment