Saturday, January 7, 2012

Passion Conference 2012

I was blessed to get to attend Passion Conference this week. People have been asking me how it was and what happened. Even as a writer, I'm finding it very difficult to confine it to words! It was simply something so power that you have to experience it for yourself! However, I will do my best to share some of what God taught me. To share everything would take a dissertation...or a dinner date :) hehe.

Q: Why did you want to go to Passion?
A: Actually, I didn't. I did not want to go. I thought I was fine with God. I thought I knew enough. I don't like being in big crowds; the uncertainty scares me. I was tired and I was having a bad attitude. I had every intention of making up a lie about falling ill so that my friends would go without me. I went, thinking I would just give it a try and probably bail after the first day. I can't even begin to say how grateful I am that God got me there. What I found was that He completely obliterated my fears and anxieties. He put a thirst inside of me that made me want more and more and more of Him.

Q: What did God show you while you were at Passion?
A: God taught me four main things through the Passion Conference.
Number One: I want to read the Bible more. We had the privilege of hearing a speaker named Francis Chan. He said, "If you don't read the Truth over and over and over again, you won't be able to tell what's true and what is a lie." I want to know what God has to say about my life and what is going on in the world because I think He's pretty cool and I value His opinion. I was reminded how ridiculous it is that I don't spend more time reading the Bible! If a smokin' hot guy came up to me and handed me a love letter, I would want to read it immediately! I would read it over and over and over again because I would want to remember everything he said! Well guess what! That's what the Bible is! It is a love letter written to me! If I was in the middle of the most gruesome, bloody fight and my commanding officer came up to me and said, "I just want to let you know that you are doing an awesome job out here! I am so proud of you! I have this letter for you. Inside is everything you need to know in order to win this battle and get home alive." Wouldn't I rip that thing open and memorize every tactic and promise of success? Of course I would! Well guess what! That's what the Bible is. It is a battle plan that God wants me to have and know.
Number 2: I want to be fearless in sharing the news about Jesus and completely unashamed. My prayer is that whenever I open my mouth, God would give me the words to fearlessly proclaim the news of Jesus and that His holy name would spread! What is there to be afraid of? Jesus has already conquered everything! Even death! There is no reason for me to be afraid of what Jesus has already conquered.
Number 3: I can do something now. People try to tell me that once I've done this, this, this, this, and this, THEN I'll be able to do something significant. But Jesus says, "I'm the One who's going to do something significant! I'm going to raise you from the dead! And the day that happens is the day you start proclaiming the power and mystery of the gospel and that's the reason you're alive! So go and do that with everything you've got RIGHT NOW!" Therefore, wherever I am, whatever I'm doing, I can do that in Jesus' name and for His glory! I can do that because Jesus is King of whatever, whenever.
Number 4: Y'all, I can't wait to get to Heaven. I mean, seriously. I can't wait to be able to praise God all the time, surrounded by tens of thousands of believers, and hold my arms up and them not ever get tired, my voice never fail. I can't wait to be in the presence of my Jesus and absolutely weep for the joy of finally being complete...of finally being Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment